Emergency Medical Technician
applications accepted until 5 PM JUly 23, 2018 - SIgn up today!
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam required for EMT certification. This course meets all the educational requirements as required by the Vermont Office of EMS. This course will:
- Prepare EMTs for practice in a variety of health care settings (employment and volunteer).
- Provide students with a strong basic curriculum to meet certification requirements.
- Provide students with the foundation for advancement within the pre-hospital care profession.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
Class Schedule: This course runs from August 20 through December 5, 2018 and meets:
- Every Monday & Wednesday night from 6-10 PM starting AND
- Saturday day sessions (generally 9AM-3PM) on September 8, November 3, and December 1, 2018.
- Attendance for all class sessions is mandatory.
Class Location: 120 McKinley Street, Bennington, VT 05201 – Phone: 802-442-5817
Office Hours: Each classroom/lab session will have dedicated question and answer time to review or clarify course materials. Additional scheduled remote or in-person office hours will be scheduled by the primary instructor/coordinator based on program progression.
Bennington Rescue plans several aspects of its courses around the number of people registered. A down payment of at least 50% of the tuition is required to reserve a seat in the course. Payment in full must be made by August 1, 2018. Failure to pay tuition will result in dismissal from the program. We have established the following policy regarding cancellations:
- Cancellations made 20 or more days prior to the start of class will be issued a refund minus a $50.00 administrative fee.
- Cancellations made within 20 days but at least 7 calendar days prior to the start of the class will be issued a refund minus a $250.00 administrative fee.
- No refunds will occur after seven calendar days before the start of the course or if the student has accessed the online learning system.
The fees for the course will cover:
- Course Tuition including Clinical Experience
- EMT Class polo shirt
- Blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, shears, and pen light
- 18 years of age by the time of course completion
- No criminal convictions or history that would preclude the applicant from licensure or certification
- Health requirements, on Bennington Rescue medical forms provided after course registration:
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccine or Letter of Declination.
- Proof of current immunizations as required for clinical experience.
- Attestation from your primary healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner, etc.) stating that student is physically fit for the expectations of the course.
- Failure to comply with health requirements excludes an individual from this course.
ATTENDANCE & COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
Attendance is required for all class sessions.
It is up to you to quickly evaluate whether the rigors of this course and expectations will allow for your academic success. If you fail to attend or complete any portion of the course in the first two weeks, it will be assumed that you are dropping the class.
There are three components to the course:
- The online, interactive didactic lecture portion and assigned homework
- The classroom lecture portion and skills labs, and
- The clinical experience comprised of emergency department and ride along field experiences.
All three components must be completed to get an EMT course completion certificate.
As a course with online components, the student must complete any assigned didactic materials through the Jones & Bartlett Navigate 2 system or other applicable learning management system.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete and submit an EMT course application no later than 5PM on July 23, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay the course fee at our Eventbrite page
Invoicing is available for organizations sponsoring students, please contact us at email@example.com
BOTH registration and payment must be received to secure a seat in the course.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org