Emergency Medical Technician
Classes forming soon!
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) exam required for Vermont EMT certification. This course meets all the educational requirements as required by the Vermont Office of EMS. This course will:
- Prepare EMTs for practice in a variety of health care settings (employment and volunteer).
- Provide students with a strong basic curriculum to meet certification requirements.
- Provide students with the foundation for advancement within the pre-hospital care profession.
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION
Class Schedule: The class schedule depends on the type of course provided. We offer full time and traditional evening courses. All class sessions must be attended.
Class Location: 120 McKinley Street, Bennington, VT 05201 – Phone: 802-442-5817
Office Hours: Each classroom/lab session will have dedicated question and answer time to review or clarify course materials. Additional scheduled remote or in-person office hours will be scheduled by the primary instructor/coordinator based on program progression.
Bennington Rescue plans several aspects of its courses around the number of people registered. A down payment of at least 50% of the tuition is required to reserve a seat in the course. Payment in full must be made by the before the first class session. Failure to pay tuition will result in dismissal from the program. We have established the following policy regarding cancellations:
- Cancellations made 30 or more days prior to the start of class will be issued a refund minus a $50.00 administrative fee.
- Cancellations made within 30 days but at least 2 business days prior to the start of the class will be issued a refund minus a $200.00 administrative fee.
- No refunds will occur after two business days before the start of the course.
The fees for the course will cover:
- Course Tuition including Clinical Experience
- EMT Class polo shirt
- Blood pressure cuff, stethoscope, and pen light
- 18 years of age by the time of course completion
- Physical or letter from Primary Care Physician (PCP) that states that student is physically fit for the expectations of the course
- No criminal convictions or history that would preclude the applicant from licensure or certification
- Health requirements, on Bennington Rescue medical forms provided after course registration:
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccine or Letter of Declination.
- Proof of current immunizations as required for clinical experience.
- Attestation from your primary healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner, etc.) stating that student is physically fit for the expectations of the course.
- Failure to comply with health requirements excludes an individual from this course.
ATTENDANCE & COURSE COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
Attendance is required for all class sessions.
It is up to you to quickly evaluate whether the rigors of this course and expectations will allow for your academic success. If you fail to attend or complete any portion of the course in the first two weeks, it will be assumed that you are dropping the class.
There are three components to the course:
- The online, interactive didactic lecture portion and assigned homework
- The classroom lecture portion and skills labs, and
- The clinical experience comprised of emergency department and ride along field experiences.
All three components must be completed to get an EMT course completion certificate.
As a hybrid course, the student must complete all assigned didactic materials through the Jones & Bartlett Navigate 2 system.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com