Bennington Rescue is in search of a Full Time (exempt/salaried) Director of Operations position that will provide exceptional clinical operations by planning, implementing, controlling, improving and evaluating clinical operations; building an effective clinical operations team; training, educating, and mentoring supervisory staff in leadership and management; inspiring clinical staff to achieve quality patient care and other goals; meeting clinical and organizational standards continuously; maintaining clinical operational readiness, responding and deploying effectively; achieving operational safety; preserving assets and profitability; creating a positive public image; leading as a member of the leadership team to achieve mission and objectives.
- Position: Director of Operations (NEMSMA Equivalent: Managing EMS Officer)
- Status: Full Time - Exempt (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Primarily Days, however days and shifts may vary based on operational needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in EMS, Education, Management, Business, Quality, Public Health, or other related field
- Prehospital ALS Certification /License (Paramedic)
- (Ability to obtain National Registry AND Vermont OEMS within 3 months of offer)
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a EMS Provider
- Valid Driver’s License
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for Healthcare Provider
- NIMS ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800 (300 and 400 may be obtained within 3 months of hire)
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive management experience
- 3+ years of Supervisory (Supervising EMS Officer) Experience
- Master’s Degree in EMS, Public Health, Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other related field
- Credentialed EMS Officer (SPO, MPO, or FACPE)
- Critical Care Paramedic (CCP-C, FP-C, UMBC CCP)
- Experience in Staff Management and Human Resources
- Experience in Leadership and Mentoring
- Experience in Scheduling, Operations, System Management
- Experience Program Development and Implementation
- 5+ years of progressively successful supervisory experience
- 2+ years of Managing EMS Officer (MPO) level Experience (Leading/managing other supervisors or equivalent)
- Certification and/or working knowledge of quality and/or efficiency programs. (Six Sigma, LEAN, Project Management, etc.)
- Instructor Credentials in Specialty Courses (ACLS, PALS, PEPP, PHTLS, AMLS, etc.)
- August 31, 2018 - Application Period Closes
- September 4-7 - Application Packets Reviewed
- September 10-14 - 1st Round Phone Interviews
- September 14 - Selected Candidates Invited to On-Site Interviews
- October 2, 2018 - Interview Day - All Candidates
- Mid - October Final Interviews (If needed)
- Mid - October Offer Made
- Dec. 1 - Jan. 1 - Director of Operations Begins Work at Bennington Rescue
Bennington Rescue requires the following for all interested positions.
- Bennington Rescue Application
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
Submit all required documents to email@example.com
Deadlines for open positions will be posted with the position posting. Bennington Rescue is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all interested individuals.
Interviews are scheduled to be held on Tuesday, October 2, 2018. The interview process requires a large amount of resources, so alternate date(s) are unlikely to be planned. The following list contains most, but not necessarily all, of the components of the interview process. Candidates selected for an interview will be given specific information on each of the steps a few weeks prior to the interview day.
Candidate will be interviewed by the Bennington Rescue leadership team.
Candidate will give a presentation on an EMS topic to be shared at a later time prior to the interview. No canned material (CPR, ACLS, etc.) They will be giving the presentation to a classroom/lecture style audience of both EMS providers and lay persons.
In an effort to really get a multi-faceted view of candidates, Bennington Rescue invites a few various leaders from businesses around the area to assist in Management Level interviews. Candidates will be interviewed by external interviewers in a group setting.
Meet and Greet
The candidate will have time to meet and greet crew. Crews will also take candidates on a tour of the building during this time.
Note: This session will take place without the leadership team to allow staff the chance to interact with candidates as they wish. All participants will be briefed on the types of questions that they may and may not ask to comply with Human Resource laws and regulations. If a candidate feels that any question or conversation is not appropriate, they are asked to inform a member of the leadership team immediately.
The candidate shall receive some data that they must evaluate and present on. This data and the questions that need answered will be given to candidates prior to the interview day.
Clinical and Knowledge Skills Evaluation
All candidates holding an EMS Certification must complete a skills and knowledge assessment. These assessments usually follow a simple National Registry Assessment and/or an ACLS Megacode type situation, based on the level of the applicant.
BENNINGTON RESCUE BENEFITS
FULL TIME BENEFITS
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance (70% Employer Paid, Single or Family)
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Dental Insurance - Optional
- Vision Insurance - Optional
- Supplemental Insurance (Optional) - (AFLAC)
- Retirement Match (3% match after 6 months)
- Uniform Allowance
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Professional Development
- Critical Care Paramedic Bonus (Quarterly Stipend)
Bennington Rescue is located in the Green Mountain region of Southwest Vermont. Our area is a great place to raise a family, and still be close to all the New England has to offer. If you are active, our area has many activities including year-round outdoor sports such as hiking, boating, snow sports, and much more. Bennington is home to 2 colleges, in addition local community colleges and technical schools. Old Castle Theater, Laumeister Art Center, and the Bennington Museum lead our cultural offerings, and we are minutes away from great institutions such as The Clark Museum and MASS MOCA. The Bennington Battle Monument is our most prominent feature (and the tallest structure in Vermont!) commemorating the Battle of Bennington, and the actual battlefield is just a few miles away. Robert Frost was inspired by the area, living and writing in the Bennington area, including the famous "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening", and is buried in the history cemetery at the Old North Church. Geographically, Bennington is minutes from the Berkshire region of Massachusetts, only 1 hour from Albany, NY, and within 3 hours from NYC, Burlington, Boston, and Montreal. Please visit the Bennington Area Chamber of Commerce to learn more about living, businesses, and activities throughout the region.